Monday, March 10, 2014

Blog #5: A Literary Website

For this blog, we were instructed to pick a literary blog/website and blog a bit about it. I chose to do my short presentation/blog on Figment.com, a writing community created by John and Hank Green (also known as the Vlogbrothers on Youtube). Now, this website isn't exactly a writing blog (it does, however feature a blog called the Dailyfig which posts about writing contests and the winners of those contests as well as books to check out and the sorts), but it is a community that fosters and shares creativity. I personally love Figment as it provides a way for you to get your own writing out there, to look at other's writing, and to actually critique and comment on that writing. It allows you to learn about writers on the internet who are just starting or writers who have been writing forever but are utilizing this forum to meet and share with other writers. I have been able to grow confident in sharing my work and even grow as a writer due to the communication and critique I have gotten from using this website. On top of all that, it allows you to gain recognition for your writing through contests.

I love this website and I think that any writer should make an account and start to share their writing! It's an amazing experience and it truly makes you more confident about your writing in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment